Verified Reviewer

CuddyLink Cell cam not working correctly

Followed set-up in manual. Set-up Camp account. Installed cam on 9/5/22, had good cell signal. Cam took 31 photos on day 1 within short period of time. Since the Cam continued to send me the same 31 photos every 10-20 min for the next 5+ days or until the batteries finally expired. No new photos were taken over the next 5 + days. The camera literally sent me thousands of the same photos and maxed out my account. Brought Cam back home. Installed new batteries, went through set-up manual and several You-tube videos to see I needed to update firmware on CAM. Completed this and several of the camera settings. None of this was clearly detailed in the Set-up manual IMO. Continuing with cam set-up from PC camp account, registered product added personnel info. Was not able to find Device settings tab to fine tune camera settings for day, night, etc. I've owned Cuddy-back cams for nearly 20 years and really like the product. This is my 1st cell camera has me very unsettled and wondering if this camera purchase was a mistake. I would like to re-set my account as the camera is clearly not working properly and remove any additional charges until this camera is working correctly.

User's recommendation: YouTube videos are more complete than user manual, with better details.

ID
Saxeville, Wisconsin
Pros
  • Familiarity with brand
  • Nightime photo and vid clarity
Cons
  • Cell link system misses on many of the setup details
  • Firmware detail is not listed in step 1 as it should be
  • Customer service is has limited hours and only 5 days a week
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Cuddeback horrible customer service

Cuddeback sold a camera to me. When it stopped working, it was under warranty so I sent it to them for repair. They called and said the camera (which I bought 6 months ago) was over 4 years old. Even though I had the receipt, they told me they wouldn't fix the camera. The vice-president, Brenda, was rude and completely unprofessional. She basically called me a liar. She claimed that I must have bought a repackaging machine and put an old camera in a new package. So, she claimed I spent $5000 to get a $220 camera fixed. Sounds like she just wants to pass the responsibily to someone else. I buy lots of cameras every year but I will never buy there ***. Bushnells are all I buy now.
ID
Saginaw, Michigan
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article